In addition to our ongoing forest management for retained clients DGA Forestry undertakes project and consultancy work for private firms and Government departments on a wide range of topics. In particular, since 2000 the firm has been involved in over 60 wind farm and overhead line projects within forestry plantations in a variety of roles, ranging from:
- advice to landowners on the negotiation of wind farm option agreements and leases;
- contributions to numerous Environmental Statements;
- post application support including;
- management of forestry operations during the construction phase;
- preparation, contribution to and review of Habitat Management Plans;
- specialist advice on specific topics; and
- providing support to and attending as an expert witness at Public Inquiries.
The company has considerable experience in the preparation of wind farm Forest Design Plans that meet the requirements of the Scottish Government’s “Control of Woodland Removal Policy”.
We currently manage woodlands on behalf of clients with 120MW installed wind farm capacity with another 85MW in the pipeline. We are currently involved in the management and supervision of forestry operations during the construction phase on four projects and have been involved in the implementation of forestry works as part of Habitat Management Plans through the operational period. We therefore fully understand the development of windfarm projects from conception through to construction and operation.
In addition to work on windfarms we have provided consultancy services on overhead line projects; substations and environmental issues such as the removal of woodland from Sites of Special Scientific Interest and National Nature Reserves.Contact DGA Forestry